Thursday, March 15, 2012

Visual Summaries for Students to Synthesize

Do you have students who love to draw but are reluctant to write?  Have them brainstorm about the topic through a visual summary.  Here is an example of visual summary that someone created about a teacher's life.  I have also attached a template for students to create a visual summary about the life of a classmate.

The "My Heart Map" is a great example of a visual summary for students to reflect and share their lives with their classmates.  I got this example from the following website http://riversideelementaryart.blogspot.com/2011/01/heart-maps.html 
I created a writing prompt template to compliment the visual summary.  The prompt is titled, "What's inside your heart?"  Click on the link below.

1 comment:

YearntoLearn said...

Love the Heart Map idea. I've seen it before, but your post reminded me to try it out.


Yearn to Learn Blog