Friday, October 21, 2011

My Favorite Multicultural Books (Adele LaFontaine)

Adele excitedly shared two of  her favorite multicultural books.  She explains, "I love the book, Barack Obama of Thee I Sing, A Letter to My Daughters.  It talks about how children can grow up to become whoever they want to be.  I also like The Other Side by Jacqueline Woods because it teaches children to think for themselves. " Please make a comment about these examples of multicultural literature.  Have you heard of these books or shared them with students?

2 comments:

LWills said...

Adele, thank you for sharing these dynamic pieces of literature. I can't wait to read them both to my students.

Bronwyn said...

I love both of these books! They are great for starting rich conversation on many topics. Thanks for sharing, Adele!